Support Academic Freedom
SIGN ACADEMIC FREEDOM PETITION ON EVOLUTION AND GET FREE RESOURCES
Across America, the freedom of scientists, teachers, and students to raise questions about Darwinian evolution is coming under increasing attack from certain defenders of Darwin’s theory who are waging a campaign to persecute and blacklist anyone who disagrees with them:
- In Washington state, high school teacher Roger DeHart was driven from his public school because he wanted students to learn about both the strengths and weaknesses of Darwinian evolution discussed in science journals.
- In Minnesota, Rodney LeVake was dismissed from teaching high school biology after expressing doubts about the scientific evidence for Darwin’s theory.
- In Texas, biology teacher Allison Jackson was ordered to stop presenting students with information critical of key aspects of modern Darwinian theory.
- In Mississippi, chemistry professor Dr. Nancy Bryson lost her job at a state university after she gave a lecture criticizing Darwin’s theory to a group of honors students.
Stand up for free speech on evolution by joining the more than 20,000 people who have signed Discovery Institute’s Academic Freedom Petition. Wherever academic freedom to question Darwin’s theory is challenged, Discovery Institute may deliver this petition to government or education officials to show the widespread support that exists for full discussion about Darwinian evolution. Note: The petition will list the name and state of signers, but not their email address or other contact information.
When you sign the Academic Freedom petition, you will get access to the following free resources:
- A 57-page report on the top scientific problems with chemical and biological evolution.
- A legal analysis of why academic freedom laws are constitutional.
- Information on legislation you can propose in your state to support academic freedom on evolution.
- Resources to promote academic freedom in your local school district.
- A monthly Academic Freedom Update e-newsletter to keep you informed about debates over evolution and intelligent design around the nation.
SIGN THE PETITION
“We, the undersigned American citizens, urge the adoption of policies by our nation’s academic institutions to ensure teacher and student academic freedom to discuss the scientific strengths and weaknesses of Darwinian evolution. Teachers should be protected from being fired, harassed, intimidated, or discriminated against for objectively presenting the scientific strengths and weaknesses of Darwinian theory. Students should be protected from being harassed, intimidated, or discriminated against for expressing their views about the scientific strengths and weaknesses of Darwinian theory in an appropriate manner.”
If you agree with this statement please fill in the information above and join other Americans in supporting academic freedom.
Checking “Yes” to receive email, will subscribe you to our Academic Freedom Update and regional event announcements for the Center for Science and Culture. You may unsubscribe at anytime.